Our firm offers a Tax Investigation Fee Protection Plan which is essentially an insurance against the fees you will incur should your business be subject to a tax investigation or aspect enquiry by HM Revenue & Customs.
What is the fee protection service?
- Grant Considine will defend you should you receive an enquiry from HMRC. Professional defence costs are often substantial
- These costs will be covered by your policy
- Incudes cover for HMRC visits as well as written enquiries
- Cover for up to £75,000 of fees
- Includes complimentary access to Employment Law and Health & Safety advice lines
- Grant Considine will deal with any claims via our online claims portal
How do I join and what does it cost?
- Just ask us! The standard rates charged vary depending on the size of your business. The insurance covers the costs of our fees for any work involved in a tax investigation. As you are probably aware, investigations can involve lots of detailed work and in some cases can take months to resolve. This insurance will offer you protection against this.
What is not covered by the service?
- Routine compliance work eg. preparing your tax return
- Any tax, interest or penalties due
- Criminal prosecutions and fraud
- Enquiries commenced prior to subscribing to the service
Why do I need the Fee Protection Service?
- Complete peace of mind
- HMRC enquiry activity is at record levels
- HMRC are targeted to increase tax revenues
- Many enquiries are selected completely at random
- Even if you tax return and business records are accurate and the taxman finds no errors, the accountancy fees for defence can cost thousands
- Anyone that pays tax can come under enquiry
- HMRC have been granted wider powers of enquiry carrying out Business Record Checks, Compliance Visits and Interventions covering all taxes
- No policy excess
- No nonsense policy covering
- Dealing with any correspondence from HMRC
- Attendance at any meeting with HMRC
- Includes access to Employment Law and Health & Safety advice lines
We can also offer specialist advice regarding IR35 including the facility to review paperwork and contracts to ensure that they comply with IR35 legislation.
Are you in the construction industry? We can provide you with an employment status review. Withdrawal of gross payment status can be disastrous for a business. We can provide advice relating to CIS compliance, gross payment status, contentious tax matters as well as defending HMRC challenges.
To find out more please contact us